Georgia’s hard-working citizens deserve a day off in honor of our veterans. Rest, recreation and family time are critical to balance and even safety in the workplace. Here are some ideas for enjoyable things to do today and tomorrow. Happy Memorial Day from Ramos & Law!
- Stone Mountain: Salute the Troops. Through Monday, 5/25
–New fireworks display and fire cannons that dance to music. Active and retired military personnel receive a free Adventure Pass and immediate family receive discounts on admissions and food.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival: Through Sunday, 5/24
–One of the largest jazz festivals in the country, at Piedmont Park.
- Valdosta Memorial Day 5K: Monday, 5/25 8am
–Race starts at 1605 Azalea Dr.
- Dacula Memorial Day Parade: Monday, 5/25 10:00 am
–Parade starts at Dacula Road. Call 770-367-7371 for more info.
- Pine Mountain; Callaway Gardens: Through Monday, 5/25
Watch some of the world’s best water skiiers and wake boarders compete for “Masters Champion.”
- Columbus area; Florence Marina State Park
–Cottages available, hiking, biking, paddling, picnicking, swimming and more.
- Athens Sunday Center Market: Sunday, 5/25
–Features artists, farmers, crafters, food trucks and live music.
- Decatur arts Festival: Through Sunday, 5/25 5:00 pm
–Live music all weekend.
Whatever you decide to do this weekend, enjoy and be safe!