We all like to see job growth in our state. Several job postings in Georgia and recent announcements are worth sharing- and good news for Georgia workers looking for jobs.
First, we’re fortunate to have a thriving healthcare industry here in Georgia. The promise of 900 new jobs at Kaiser Permanente just made the jobs outlook even brighter for metro-Atlanta workers.
Earlier this month, Kaiser reported that it will open a new health IT campus in midtown Atlanta. With this, the number of employees and physicians working for Kaiser in Georgia will top 4,000.
In addition to IT work, the Georgia medical community is constantly hiring nurses. With dozens of medical facility throughout Georgia, Kaiser shows 10 new job postings for nurses in Atlanta just this month. Other facilities with posts for open nursing jobs include Rockdale Medical Center in Conyers, Gwinnett Medical Center, and DeKalb Medical.
- There is a hiring event with job openings in poultry processing at the Tifton Career center today, and another on May 1 at the Douglas Career Center.
- The Gainesville Career Center has a hiring event coming up on April 28 in which folks will be interviewing for general laborers and packing line workers.
- Interviews for general warehouse workers will take place at the Cobb Cherokee Career Center on April 29 and the HomeGoods Job Fair in Gainesville on the 30th.
- The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) will host a job fair at the Richmond Hill City Center on April 28 to fill a number of labor positions with Caesarstone Technology.
- On May 5, an employer will be at the Gainesville Career Center interviewing for Stockroom Attendants, Assembly Technicians, Machinists, Quality Technicians, Production Managers and Shipping Coordinators.
- Also on May 5 will be an annual Veterans’ job fair in Augusta at the Ft. Gordon Army Reserve Center.
Ramos & Law has been supporting Georgia’s workforce since 2005. Keep an eye on our blog for news and information relevant to workers.