How will I get paid after my work injury while I’m on workers’ compensation leave?


When an injured worker is not able to return back to work because of a work injury, the hurt employee may be deemed “totally disabled.”  Should this occur, the employee hurt at work may be entitled to money benefits under O.C.G.A. § 34-9-261.  The amount of money the employee would be entitled to depends upon his or her “average weekly wage”.  The law provides that the employee may receive two-thirds of the average weekly wage.  However, the workers’ compensation law provides that the maximum amount the employee may receive on a weekly basis is $525 presuming the injury occurred on or after July 1, 2013 regardless of how much the injured employee was making.  O.C.G.A. § 34-9-260.

If you have any questions about your average weekly wage or other money benefits you think you may be entitled to, please contact the Ramos Law Firm at 404-355-3431.